Advocacy & Communications Specialist
Ohio Association of School Business Officials | Westerville, Ohio
Under the direction of the Deputy Executive Director, the Advocacy & Communications Specialist works collaboratively to further the association’s advocacy initiatives and to assist in communication efforts with members.
- Advocacy- manage public school policy research projects, analyze proposed legislation’s impact on Ohio public schools, assist in drafting and preparing materials for advocacy-related initiatives, participate in meetings at statehouse.
- Communications – manage advocacy-related communications to members, work with Director of Marketing & Communications to carryout organization’s marketing and communications efforts, assist with management of email marketing production schedule, and assist with articles, emails, advertising, and editing as needed for members and member publications.
- Annual Conference duties as assigned that may include coordinate legislative-related events/sessions; coordinate legislator invitations & appearances; assist with registration desk administration.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- College degree in English, Communications, or Political Science preferred
- Strong writing, editing skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple projects while consistently meeting deadlines
- Ability to learn and use a variety of technology tools (social media, website CMS, email marketing platforms, Adobe suite, Zoom, etc.) quickly and efficiently
- Ability to work independently, under minimal supervision
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, organize, time manage, and problem solve job duties
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule – some overnight travel required, and some evening events required
- Must have a valid Ohio driver’s license and reliable transportation
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to reach, stand, walk, lift, grasp, and use repetitive motions. They also may be required to lift, move, and carry up to 50 pounds on occasion.
OASBO is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
Compensation & Benefits:
Salary range is $40,000-$45,000. In addition to an attractive salary, the Ohio Association of School Business Officials (OASBO) offers exceptional benefits for employees, including health, vision, dental, life insurance, retirement plan and paid time off.
To apply: Qualified candidates shall email resume, letter of interest, and three work references with email address and phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for applications is Friday, December 3, 2021, at 4:30 p.m. No phone calls, please.