Members Service Specialist
The Ohio Society of CPAs | Columbus, Ohio
The Ohio Society of CPAs (OSCPA) is seeking a skilled sales and service professional to join our Member Experience team.
Our ideal candidate is people-oriented and enjoys building member relationships by identifying member needs and delivering solutions with first-class service and attention to detail.
You’re our ideal candidate if you:
- Have a proven track record of delivering quality customer-centered service and have been successful with sales
- Enjoy making outbound calls to generate sales and finding ways to turn in-bound calls into sales opportunities
- Can troubleshoot and resolve member issues and know how to turn them into sales opportunities
- Anticipate members questions, aren’t afraid to ask questions and make it your business to find answers
- Thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Strong ability to understand and follow processes and documentation of workflow
- Approach your work with a can-do, glad-to attitude
- Have strong time management skills and can successfully prioritize projects
- Multi-task effortlessly and keep your head in the game as you switch between projects
- Are adept at data entry and proficient with Office365, Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, data entry and CRM systems and practices (training to be provide on CRM system)
- Understand processing accounts receivable and check batches
- Ability to work remote and in an office setting
- Comfortable with outbound dues collection, invoice collection and cross-selling OSCPA products
- Comfortable spending large amount of workday in a phone que receiving inbound calls and making outbound calls for follow-up and sales opportunities
- Open to new possibilities and opportunities
Education: An associate degree in either business management or administration, communication, or similar degree preferred. Or have work equivalent work experience in customer service and sales.
- 3+ years of experience in a customer service & sales
- Association background or knowledge of association environment is desirable.
What OSCPA Offers: For our part, OSCPA offers a culture that rewards performance, a work environment that encourages collaboration, the technology and professional development to help you do your best work, and a benefit plan that makes it worth your while to join our team. We’re focused on creating a climate of success for Ohio CPAs and supporting their efforts in driving business performance. We’re proud of our 100+ year history and invigorated by where we’re heading.
Are you the one? If so, tell us your story. OSCPA offers remote work and in-office options. Ideal candidate would thrive and be productive in both environments. The office space is an open office concept, located near Easton Town Center. The hours for this position range from 8-4 and 9-5 on a rotating basis with the team and allows the ability for breaks. Computer and phone system will be provided by the society. We do require at least one in-person staff gathering per month to collaborate and socialize.
The Association: The Ohio Society of CPAs (OSCPA) offers a challenging and rewarding work environment, where you will be encouraged to learn, pushed to grow and empowered to suggest ways to enhance member value. We are recognized as one of the nation’s top state accounting associations with members who work in public accounting, business and industry, government and education. With the engaged involvement of staff and volunteer leaders, OSCPA enjoys the reputation, respect and influence of many national associations. OSCPA advances the interests of its members through strong advocacy initiatives and a multi-faceted education program that keeps CPAs prepared to meet the challenges of an increasingly complex business and regulatory environment. The Ohio Society is located adjacent to the Easton Town Center shopping and dining complex in Columbus, Ohio. The Ohio Society of CPAs offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes: 401k with company match, health, life and disability insurance, a wellness program, a generous professional development program for staff, a generous vacation and paid time off package, flexible work schedules and a telecommuting option. OSCPA is committed to building and sustaining a multicultural working and learning environment where differences are valued and respected. We recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
To Apply: Please send cover letter and resume to Thera Giallua at email@example.com.