Membership Services Coordinator
Game Manufacturers Association | Columbus, Ohio
What is GAMA: The Game Manufacturers Association (GAMA) is the non-profit trade organization dedicated to serving the tabletop games industry – board, card, miniatures, and role-playing games. Their members are game designers, manufacturers, publishers, distributors, retailers, game media and event organizers. GAMA serves to promote the growth and adoption of tabletop games through hosting trade and consumer shows, industry events, providing an information and resource hub, and industry related networking and marketing activities.
The Opportunity: The Game Manufacturers Association (GAMA) is seeking a skilled sales and service professional to join our team. GAMA is the non-profit trade organization dedicated to serving the hobby games industry. GAMA strengthens and supports all industry professionals by advancing their interests, providing educational programs and opportunities, and promoting our unique form of quality social entertainment. The essential nexus for new and experienced game industry professionals, GAMA serves to promote its members' common interest of increasing the adoption of and engagement with hobby games.
GAMA fosters networking, sharing of best practices and innovations, and the pooling of resources toward common goals. GAMA achieves this through hosting trade and consumer shows, industry events, providing an information and resource hub, marketing activities, and interfacing with other trade organizations in adjoining industries.
Our ideal candidate is people-oriented and enjoys building member relationships by identifying member needs and delivering solutions with first-class service and attention to detail.
You’re our ideal candidate if you:
- Have a proven track record of delivering quality customer-centered service and have been successful with sales
- Enjoy making outbound calls to generate sales and finding ways to turn in-bound calls into sales opportunities
- Comfortable with member onboarding
- Can onboard members and troubleshoot and resolve member issues
- Anticipate members questions, aren’t afraid to ask questions and make it your business to find answers
- Strong ability to understand and follow processes and documentation of workflow
- Have strong time management skills and can successfully prioritize projects
- Have a positive attitude and can easily transition between projects
- Are adept at data entry and proficient with Office365, Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, data entry and CRM systems and practices (training to be provide on CRM system)
- Understand processing accounts receivable and check batches
- Ability to work remote and in an office setting
- Comfortable with outbound dues collection and invoice collection
Education: An associate degree in either business management or administration, communication, or similar degree preferred. Or have work equivalent work experience in customer service and sales.
- 3+ years of experience in a customer service & sales.
- Association background or knowledge of association environment is desirable.
What GAMA Offers: For our part, GAMA offers a culture that rewards performance, a work environment that encourages collaboration, the technology and professional development to help you do your best work, and a benefit plan that makes it worth your while to join our team.
GAMA offers remote work and in-office options. Ideal candidate would thrive and be productive in both environments. The office is located at Crosswoods Office Park, at the I-270/Worthington split. The hours for this position are remote from 9-5 to Mondays and Fridays, and in-office from 9-5 on Tuesdays through Thursdays.
GAMA offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes: 401k with company match, health, dental, vision, vacation, and paid time off. GAMA is committed to building and sustaining an inclusive working and learning environment. We recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
To Apply: Please send cover letter and email to email@example.com