Manager, Demand and Market Development
Ohio Soybean Association/Council | Columbus, Ohio
The Ohio Soybean Council is seeking applications for the position of Manager, Demand and Market Development. The Ohio Soybean Council (OSC) is the Qualified State Soybean Board for Ohio. OSC’s mission is to invest Ohio soybean checkoff funds to maximize the value of soybeans and increase profit opportunities for Ohio farmers. OSC is governed by a board of Ohio soybean producers.
The candidate selected for this job will play an important role in the success or our mission-driven organization, and will become a key member of our staff team. We value our staff and offer a competitive salary and a wide array of benefits including, but not limited to: employer-paid medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage; paid time off; a parental leave policy; a tuition reimbursement program; and a 401(k) program.
Responsibilities would include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Export promotion and market access
- Biodiesel/renewable diesel market development
- Transportation infrastructure and logistics
- Proposal and project management
Qualifications the candidate for this position should possess:
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field or equivalent experience
- Experience in areas of importance to the job, including marketing and project management
- Ability to manage multiple projects and frequent deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as a leader of small teams
- Familiarity with agriculture and farming preferred
- Familiarity with trade associations and member-based organizations preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software
- Ability to travel as needed, both within and outside Ohio, including international travel
- Self-motivated, creative, and organized
- Reports to the Executive Director, Ohio Soybean Association and Council
- Will be filled on an equal opportunity and nondiscriminatory basis without regard to race, color, creed, age, gender, disability, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, or military or veteran status. Employment may be conditional upon successful completion of a substance abuse screening test and/or background check as part of the company's pre-employment policy.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to: Kirk Merritt, executive director, Ohio Soybean Association/Council via email: email@example.com.
The deadline for applications is August 26, 2022.